Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Custard Tart



I like it!! I always like custard cream, adapted the custard cream recipe from kuali. The rest are my own combination.

Bottom:
150g Digestive biscuit
100ml Butter

Crunch the biscuit then melt the butter and combine it. Press it at the bottom of the paper cup

Custard Cream:
2 eggs yolk
180g sugar
60g custard powder
30g corn flour
400 ml UHT fresh milk
300 ml water
1 tsp butter

Sift custard powder and corn flour in a bowl.
Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl for 3–4 minutes, then stir in flour mixture.

Bring milk and water to near boiling point. Pour the hot milk into the egg and custard mixture, whisking well.

Return mixture to cook over low to medium heat, stirring constantly till mixture takes on a thick consistency. Remove from heat and stir in butter.

Wait till cool down slightly then spoon into the cup

I added some blueberry puree on top, like this


I used 2 different cup, small and big. Of course if you has the time to make the small ones, it do taste better. Probably of the bite size and the big ones I cut it before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment